Galaxy Advanced General Contracting Company L.L.C. efforts to:
protect the health and safety of Galaxy Advanced General Contracting Company staff, and employees;
- provide safe workplaces and administrative – for staff and employees;
- provide information to staff, and employees about health and safety hazards;
- identify and correct health and safety hazards and encourage staff and
employees to report hazards;
- Eliminate all Environmental impacts aspects.
- provide information and safeguards for those on site and in the surrounding
community regarding environmental hazards arising from operations of Galaxy
Advanced General Contracting Company which describes specific requirements
for program responsibility, compliance, communication, hazard assessment,
Accident / exposure investigations, hazard correction, training, and
- Health, Safety & environment Codes of Practice for Construction Projects from the Division of Emirate of Abu Dhabi Municipalities & Agricultural Department.
- Our customized copy of this HSE policy outline.
- UAE – Labour Law
- The Health and Safety at Work etc Act 1974 also referred to as HASAW or HSW, is
the primary piece of legislation covering occupational health and safety.
HSE Policy Statement
Galaxy Advanced General Contracting Company L.L.C. acknowledges that the provision of a safe and healthy work environment for employees, sub-contractors, general public and visitors is not just a moral and legal responsibility but also a prerequisite for it to achieve its primary mission of conducting working and performance at the highest international standards.
Galaxy Advanced General Contracting Company L.L.C. will ensure compliance with the Health, Safety & environment Regulations, other legislation and industry standards by:
- providing and maintaining safe workplaces, plant and systems of work
- providing information, instruction, training and supervision to ensure safe systems of work
- ensuring that nominated safety personnel are adequately trained and supported
- consulting and cooperating with safety and health representatives, employees and others
- providing and maintaining personal protective equipment as required
- Providing adequate and appropriate facilities and arrangements for welfare at work.
- Continuously reviewing and improving its safety performance.
It is our intention here at Galaxy Advanced General Contracting Company L.L.C. that each individual from top management to the working person is responsible for the Health, Safety and environment of those persons in their charge and coworkers around them. By accepting mutual responsibility to operate safely, we will all contribute to the well being of our employees the following:
- The provision and maintenance of a safe workplace and systems of work.
- Involvement in the development, promotion and implementation of Health, Safety and
- Ensuring that control measures and emergency procedures are: in place; effective; properly
used; monitored and maintained.
- Training and supervising employees in the safe performance of assigned tasks
- The provision of resources to meet the Health, Safety & environment commitment.
Signing this HSE Policy Statement is done in recognition of my complete support and commitment to promote and ensure success of this policy.
Responsibilities for safety and health include the establishment and maintenance of an effective communication system among workers, supervisors and management officials. To this end, all personnel are responsible to assure that their messages are received and understood by the intended receiver. Specific safety and health responsibilities for company personnel are as follows:
Active participation in and support of safety and health programs is essential. Management officials will display their interest in safety and health matters at every opportunity. At least one manager (as designated) will participate in the safety and health committee meetings, incident investigations and inspections. Each manager will establish realistic goals for implementing instructions for meeting the goals. Goals and implementing instructions shall be within the framework established by this document. Incentives will be included as part of the instructions.
The safety and health of the employees they supervise is a primary responsibility of the supervisors. To accomplish this obligation, supervisors will:
- Assure that all safety and health rules, regulations, policies and procedures are understood and observed.
- Require the proper care and use of all required personal protective equipment.
- Identify and eliminate job hazards quickly through job safety analysis procedures. (See the sample Job Safety Analysis form attached to this document.)
- Inform and train employees on the hazardous chemicals and/or procedures they MAY encounter under normal working conditions or during an emergency situation.
- Receive and take initial action on employee suggestions, awards or disciplinary measures.
- Conduct crew/leader meetings the first five minutes of each work shift to discuss safety and health matters and work plans for the workday.
- Conduct walk-around safety inspections at the beginning of each job, and at least weekly thereafter.
- Train employees (new and experienced) in the safe and efficient methods of accomplishing each job or task as necessary.
- Review injury trends and establish prevention measures.
- Attend safety meetings and actively participate in the proceedings.
- Participate in incident investigations and inspections.
- Promote employee participation in the safety and health program.
- Actively follow the progress of injured workers and display an interest in their rapid recovery and return to work.
Observe the items of responsibility established in this document as well as job safety rules which may apply to specific task assignments.